Ung svenska mördad i Phuket

Status
Ej öppen för ytterligare svar.
verkar inte riktigt klokt.
hoppas verkligen att de får fast förövarna. Det måste vara den beachen som är alldeles i närheten av flygplatsen. jag har kört runt i stort sett överallt men kommer inte ihåg vad den beachen heter.
jag läste om det i phuket gazette och de har inte skrivit så mycket ännu men det lär vi få höra mer om.

marianne

Alltid tragisk när sådant händer!!

Men hur säkert är det i Sverige?? Senaste dagarna har både Göteborg & Stockholm drabbats av "meningslösa" våldet. Känner mig trygg i Thailand, men man skall ändå vara försiktig i Bangkok, Phuket och I Sverige.

Enligt uppgift bodde offret i tält på en strand, vet inte om det är så bra.

det är helt sant. det är naturligtvis inte farligare i thailand än någon annanstans. allt är ytterst beklagligt. tyvärr får alla "thailandsälskare" sådant här upptryckt i ansiktet så fort något liknande händer. däremot tycks man missa allt våld som händer på hemmaplan.
här nedan kommer senaste info ifrån phuket.

marianne

No progress in Hanna murder investigation

MAI KHAO: The body of Hanna Charlotta Backlund, 27, who was found murdered on Mai Khao Beach yesterday morning, has been flown to Bangkok for forensic tests, Col Sakchai Limcharoen, Superintendent of Tah Chat Chai Police Station, told the Gazette this afternoon.

“There is no news to report at this time, but police are working quickly to solve this case. We have questioned many people, but no-one has reported being a witness to the crime, including her girl friend,” he said.

Hanna Charlotta was staying at Mai Khao Beach Bungalow resort with Emma Storman, who found Hanna’s body about 300 meters from the resort.

Tah Chat Chai Police Deputy Superintendent Lt Col Payongsak Petchrod told the Gazette, “The place where the body was found is hard to see and very quiet. There is a mound there and behind that is thick with trees. There are no restaurants near there, and no people.”

Emma told police that she did not see anyone in the area around the time of the murder, Lt Col Payongsak said. “Emma left the resort to buy some water and she told Hanna that she will join her sunbathing later. About 30 minutes later, she returned to find Hanna dead,” he said.

“Hanna was very beautiful and she was sunbathing topless. Emma said that they normally sunbathed topless if there were no people around,” he added.

“There were many stab wounds on her neck, one on her back, one near her navel and both of her hands had been cut by something sharp. It’s possible those wounds came from her fighting her attacker,” Lt Col Payongsak said.

Hon som blev mördad är från Umeå, jag kommer själv från Umeå.
Hon skulle enligt aftonlbadet åka hem till Umeå igen på Tisdag. Ursh att sånt händer

Police launch manhunt for prime suspect in Hanna murder

MAI KHAO: Police have issued an arrest warrant for Phuket native Akkaradej “Chon” Tunkae, 31, a local resident in Mai Khao, for the murder of Swedish tourist Hanna Backlund, 26.

Hanna was found stabbed to death on Mai Khao Beach about 300 meters from where she was staying. Her body was discovered by Emma Storman, who Hanna was holidaying with at the time.

At a press conference at Phuket Provincial Hall at 9:45 am, Phuket Provincial Police Commander Maj Gen Decha Butnampeth said that Akkaradej is believed to be in Chumphon. “On the morning of March 16 [the day after the murder], he called his wife and told her that he was in Chumphon with his daughter.

“We are working closely with Chumphon police to find him,” he said.

“Before he left, he was seen with wounds on three fingers of his right hand. His middle finger, ring finger and little finger all had plasters [band aids] on them,” Gen Decha said.

Phuket Governor Niran Kalayanamit said, “After questioning about 12 local villagers, including his wife, it was discovered that he liked to hide and look at foreign women who went swimming at the beach. He seemed obsessed.

“He cleaned swimming pools and did gardening for some local government offices. He was separated from ex-his wife and had remarried. He has one daughter from his ex-wife and he lived about eight kilometers from the scene [of the murder],” he said.

In 2006, Akkaradej was charged by Cherng Talay Police with robbery and later found guilty, Gen Decha said.

At that time Akkaradej used the name “Tatchai”. He changed his name after being released from prison, he added.

Ja, nu är han alltså fast och har dessutom erkänt. Det brukar inte gå många dagar innan den thailändska polisen fått tag i sina förövare, och förmodligen ännu fortare när det gäller brott som kan störa turismen som är en stor inkomstkälla i thailand.
Jag skulle tro att rättegången är klar inom det snaraste och att han får dödsstraff.

marianne

Jag förstår mig värkligen inte på sånt folk, hur kan dom ..
Värkligen hemskt, synd om hennes anhöriga också.

Police arrest Hanna’s suspected killer

PHUKET CITY: After a regional manhunt for the killer of Swedish tourist Hanna Charlotta Backlund, 26, whose body was found at Mai Khao Beach on Saturday, police have arrested and charged with murder their prime suspect after he gave himself up in Ranong province early this morning.

Region 8 Police Deputy Commander Maj Gen Tavat Boonfueng led a team to Ranong to bring Akkaradej Tunkae, 31, back to Phuket, arriving at Tah Chat Chai Police Station in a police van at 5:30 am, it was announced at a press conference this morning.

Akkaradej allegedly told police that he had watched Miss Backlund and her friend Emma Stenman at Mai Khao Beach for three days until on Saturday he spotted Miss Backlund sunbathing alone.

He approached Miss Backlund from behind, with a kitchen knife in his right hand taken from his home in Thalang, police said.

He grabbed Miss Backlund by her throat with his left hand and, when she attempted to break free, he stabbed her in the neck, stomach and side of her body, police added.

After rushing to his home on his motorcycle, he cleaned the knife and hid it in a closet before he changed his clothes, said police.

On Sunday morning, Akkaradej and his daughter traveled by bus to a relative’s home in Chumphon province, police told reporters.

After hearing media reports that police had spoken to locals and were moving in on a prime suspect in the murder, Akkaradej left his daughter in the care of his relative and traveled to a friend’s home in Ranong, said police.

Akkaradej called his wife and father and told them where he was, which the pair then relayed to police. Last night at Tah Chat Chai Police Station, Akkaradej’s father persuaded him during a phone conversation to give himself up, said police.

With Akkaradej’s wife and father present, police took Akkaradej into custody in Baan Tublee, Ranong province, at 1:35 am.

Lt Gen Thanee Thawisri, commander of Royal Thai Police Region 8, said, “The knife has been found and will be sent to Surat Thani for testing. We will have the results of DNA tests soon and will take samples from the suspect’s clothes, finger nails and tissue.”

Akkaradej said, “I feel bad about everything that has happened. The night after I did it I went back to my home and cried. I feel hurt and sad for [Miss Backlund’s] family and also for my family. I accept everything that I did because I feel pity for my own daughter.”

The case will be sent to court within one month, said police.

The 100,000-baht reward offered by local businesses for information leading to the arrest will be given to Akkaradej’s wife and father, police added.

Christina Palm, acting Swedish consul, told reporters, “I am very happy that the police arrested the suspect so quickly. I would like to thank all the officers involved in this case.”

marianne

Hanna Backlund memorial

MAI KHAO: About 50 people gathered at Mai Khao Beach this morning to attend a memorial service for slain Swedish tourist Hanna Backlund, who would have been 27 yesterday.

Akkaradej “Chon” Tankae, 31, has confessed to stabbing Miss Backlund to death on the morning March 15, less than 500 meters from the Mai Khao Bungalows where she had been staying with a friend.

K. Akkaradej, arrested in Ranong on March 19 after several days on the run, told police he stabbed Miss Backlund multiple times after she fought back during his unsuccessful attempt to rape her.

The service, which started at 11am, was organized by Cherng Talay resident Christy Sweet.

“I am not connected to the case in any way, but thought that it was important to do something to mark the one week anniversary of Hanna Backlund’s death,” said Christy, a US citizen.

Mai Khao Bungalows owner Sawas Rakrangsimansuk invited six monks from two nearby temples to lead the prayers.

“The girls were staying in a tent because we had no vacant bungalows when they arrived. After a few days one became free, but they decided to stay in their tent because they enjoyed the location’s privacy. It is a very sad case, they were nice girls,” he said.

Also attending the service was Consul Silvia Jurich from the Swedish Consulate in Phuket.

“It is horrendous for a young woman to meet her death like this. It’s incredible that no one heard her screams. It just goes to show that you cannot just assume that you are safe,” said Miss Jurich before placing incense sticks before a spirit house set up on the beach for the service.

i det här läget hade det inte hjälpt om de flyttat in i bungalow istället eftersom han bara väntade på att få någon av dem ensam på stranden så att han kunde attackera...

marianne

Status
Ej öppen för ytterligare svar.

Liknande trådar

A
Svar
Visningar
anonymous
A

Tillbaka
Topp